Search

   248-677-4116

Accessories
In The News
Product Feedback
Golf Tips
Tips by Barry G.
Tech Tips
Customer Loyalty
Foundry Program
Pro-Fit System
Shipping Prices
Drop Shipping
Order Tracking
Contact Us


For Lefties
For Ladies
For Juniors
Long Drivers
Specialty Shafts

Subscribe to newsletter



Ballesteros allegedly assaulted golfer at amateur event
by Associated Press

SOTOGRANDE, Spain (AP) - The European tour is investigating Seve Ballesteros for allegedly assaulting another Spanish golfer during a recent amateur event in Spain.

The alleged incident took place at an over-35s tournament in Pedrena, where Ballesteros lives. The player, Jose Maria Zamora, is also a tournament director on the European tour. Zamora said Wednesday he had reported the incident to European tour officials but would not comment further.

David Garland, the tour's director of operations, said he was investigating but also declined further comment.

Ivan Ballesteros, a nephew and spokesman for Ballesteros' Amen Corner company, said Seve was away and had nothing to say.

"It's something that happened between two people, and I don't think people should make a big deal of it," Ivan Ballesteros said.

Zamora was the tour official who gave Ballesteros a penalty for slow play at last year's Italian Open. Ballesteros refused to adjust his card or accept the penalty and was subsequently fined by the tour.

Ballesteros, a former three-time British Open champion, hasn't played on the tour this year because of injuries.


All news
Guarantee | Security | Privacy Policy | Customer Service | About Us

Michigan Website Development and Internet Marketing by Web Ascender

Partners | Golf Club Clones | Custom Golf Clubs